Time to review my September glam bag from Ipsy! I feel like it arrived a bit later than it had in previous months, and of course I couldn’t keep myself from reading what other people had received. I must admit, I wasn’t very excited about this month, so going into it I was just hoping not everything was a complete dud.
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream: Something that I’ve recently realized about my skincare sample collection…I have way too many cleansers and not enough moisturizers, for both my face and body. So imagine how happy I was to receive this! It’s a 1 oz sample, and the 2 oz retails at Sephora for $12.
- Acure Brightening Facial Scrub: Love the idea of combining brightening effects in a scrub, and it’s even better that it’s sulfate and paraben free, among a lot of other “frees”. After using this a couple evenings ago, I think it’s wonderfully gentle and the smell is somewhere along the lines of minty and herbal-y. The full-size for this product retails for $9.99 so it’s highly affordable and I would definitely consider repurchasing.
- Trestique Mini Matte Lip Crayon in Nantucket Nude: I’m pretty sure when I filled out my Ipsy profile, I selected that I was least interested in lip products. But… in the last 3 months I’ve received at least 1 lip product in each bag. The packaging of this is pretty cute, but the shade just isn’t for me. Also, I noticed the product had a strange smell after I applied it to my lips. So… not a win.
- Pixi Mini Brow Trio: An item that I was seriously hoping I wouldn’t receive was this one. I simply have zero use for it, so…next step is to pawn it off on one of my friends.
- NYX & Ipsy Eyeshadow Palette: I didn’t want to end this post on an item that was a complete dud, and this one falls somewhere in the middle. It’s probably bad karma to complain about receiving brands like NYX since they’re what I’ve expected to receive from Ipsy, but they’ve spoiled me way too much in the last couple of months. On the bright side, I have a ton of eye shadow that I will never get close to hitting pan on, but do I have any that are small and packable like this one? Nope. So, I’m good.
Overall, I had 3 out of 5 products that I would definitely use, and 2 complete fails. The pouch design this month is great, though! I think the value wasn’t up there like it was in the last couple of months (for example, last month, a full-size eyeliner I received retailed for like $18), but all the products would have been highly usable if they were sent to someone with fair skin tone.
I’m curious to hear if you guys received similar items as me and what you thought of September’s glam bag as a whole. As always, thanks for reading!