It’s been awhile since I last blogged — starting a new job has definitely taken it’s toll. I did want to share what I received in August’s Ipsy, though, before the month was over. I was a huge fan of the items I received in July’s glam bag, and part of me was thinking it must have been a fluke since I was a new subscriber 🙂 I received this bag in the mail a few days ago and finally had some time to try the items. I can’t believe I’m saying this but I’m as, if not more, impressed with August!
- Trust Fund Nail Polish in “Elegantly Wasted”: I get a kick out of this shade’s name, but it’s a great color and is 5-free. I applied it without any base or top coat, and 2 coats of the color stayed on for 3 days before any chipping started to occur. The applicator was also easy to use and I would repurchase more colors in a heartbeat if they weren’t around $16 a piece….
- Starlooks Luxe Longwear Eyeliner pen: I’m always looking for a good liquid eyeliner, and this one being full-size certainly doesn’t disappoint. The pigmentation is awesome, and it doesn’t smudge after wearing it for an entire day. The felt tip is also more stiff than, say, Kat Von D’s tattoo liner, and I actually really like that. Soo happy with this product and I would totally repurchase, although it retails for $18 so it isn’t exactly on the cheap side.
- OZ Naturals Amino Herbal Hydration Mask: I haven’t had a chance to try this mask yet but I look forward to using it when Fall comes and the air becomes more dry.
- Hikari Lip gloss in Merlot: Another full-size item! I don’t use a ton of lip products, but I was surprised at how much I liked this formula. It’s quite moisturizing and the color is really suitable for medium skin tones. I’m too chicken to wear this to work during the day, but I would definitely wear it on an evening out.
- Batiste Dry Shampoo: Haven’t had a chance to try this yet, but I can definitely use some of this for the next time I travel.
Taking just my last 2 boxes into consideration, I love the variety of products that I’ve gotten, and that I didn’t receive any face makeup this month. The value of this box is also well over $50 and these are all items I would use, so I couldn’t be happier.
I’d love to hear what you guys received this month and what your favorite items are 🙂