It’s the new year, and I’ve been reflecting on some of my favorite products from 2015. This post will be exclusive to makeup, while my upcoming post will be on skincare and fragrances. I tried to pick only 1 from each category but forgive me on the mascara since I couldn’t help but pick two for completely different reasons!
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup: Holy crap, this foundation has the most beautiful and natural-looking coverage, and doesn’t feel heavy at all. I ordered this during Sephora’s VIB sale in November and coincidentally when I went into the store asking for a foundation recommendation, this is what they suggested to me. With certain brands, it can be a slight struggle finding foundation suitable for warm undertones, but this one states right in the product description that any shades ending in “.0” are warm tones, and any ending in “.5” are cool tones. Therefore, 4.0 should, and does, work great for me.
- e.l.f. Blending Brush: I wrote an entire post about this brush a few months ago, and since then, I’ve used this brush to apply my foundation almost every day. The brush has remained fully intact, with no bristles that have loosened. For $6, this brush remains an amazing value and I see no reason to switch up the way I apply foundation for a LONG time.
- Stila One Step Correct: I’ve been a long time supporter of Smashbox’s primer, but wanted to venture out and try something that would lessen the redness in my cheeks. I actually picked this up during Ulta’s Black Friday sale because they were selling the 0.5 oz size for only $10, so I figured it was totally worth a try. This product is a great in-between if you are not a fan of silicone-based primers, yet think other primers like Hourglass’s mineral veil or MUFE’s is too watery. I feel like this absorbs quickly into my skin, and since I’m not expecting some miracle product that gets rid of all redness, I’m pleased by a noticeable smoothing in my skin tone. The clear tube that shows the multiple colors in the formula is also an interesting change from the usual clear/opaque white stuff 🙂
- Tarte Bronzer in Park Avenue Princess: I received this in my first Ipsy glam bag during the summer, and it’s an extremely versatile and natural-looking bronzer. A little goes a lonnng way, which is why it looks like I’ve barely used this thing even though I used it almost every day for a couple months. I love layering this over blush too when I feel like the blush I’m wearing looks too unnatural, and this instantly adds another dimension to my makeup.
- theBalm Frat Boy Blush: Finding a suitable blush tends to be a struggle because I have redness in my cheeks, so I hate when a blush accentuates the redness that I’m trying to hide. My friend actually received this little sample in her Birchbox but was kind enough to give this to me to try out. Needless to say, I’m completely in love with the natural “glow” it gives, without making it obvious I’m wearing blush. I have always used Benefit’s Dandelion because I loved the smell, but this one is a great alternative and the size is so travel friendly.
- Eyeko Black Magic Mascara: If all you need in a mascara is for it to lengthen and not clump, this is seriously the mascara for you. I got this as one of my samples in Birchbox and was so pleased that it lived up to all the hype. One added bonus is that this stuff seriously stays on SO WELL and almost has a waterproof quality to it.
- KIKO Dawn Till Dusk Mascara (Discontinued): I bought this when I went to Europe last Summer, and was super bummed when I went to research this and realized it had been discontinued. I won’t go into too much detail about how great this product is, but just trust that for the $6 I paid at the time, this was just as good as the $20+ mascaras that I’ve purchased in the past. It made my lashes look super full and also did a pretty good job at lengthening. The only “con” was that it smudged easily if it was drizzling outside — meaning, if it was raining or snowing outside, sometimes there would be smudging around my eyes. Still, it was awesome for most days!
Have any of you tried these products? If so, what did you think about them? Also, let me know what some of your favorites from last year were as well! As always, thank you for reading!