Ipsy’s glam bag theme for October is “Alter Ego”, which is kind of interesting, but also made me nervous for what to expect. I wasn’t totally thrilled with the items I received last month, as there were 2 items that didn’t work for me at all, so I was hoping they would up their game just a little bit. Here’s what I received:
- Ayres Pampas Sunrise Hand Cream: My initial impression was that this product had an herbal-y smell, and that the consistency wasn’t thick enough. However, the smell grew on me, and the formula wasn’t greasy, so it quickly went in my purse!
- Leeanni Eco “Go Away Gloomy Day” Serum: I haven’t had a chance to try this yet, but it’s an “all natural” product that you use after washing your face. I’ve really been loving the Pixi Glow Tonic that I raved about a couple week ago (read about it here) so I probably won’t be trying anything new for awhile.
- Coastal Scents Xpress Line Cosmetics Pencil: Ok…this product is extremely disappointing. It has like a retail value of $3 and when I tested this pencil on my hand, the consistency was really dry and I had to press really hard to get any pigmentation. I can’t imagine using this on my eyelid!
- Aurora Gel Effects Nail Polish: I’m excited to try this formula, but…I have like 2 other polishes in this exact shade already, so that’s kind of a bummer.
- theBalm Liquid Lipstick: This was one of the initial spoilers they released, and I was pleasantly surprised by this product…it applied well and dries matte. The shade is also less dramatic so I could see myself wearing it in the daytime. The one drawback is that it does emphasize any dryness on my lips, so I have to make sure to prep them beforehand.
Besides the eyeliner, the items were all pretty good and at least relevant to the profile I filled out. Also, I love the bag and that it has an opening at the top instead of on the side. I definitely wouldn’t say this was my best bag ever, but it was better than last month’s!
If you’re a subscriber, what did you think of this month’s glam bag? As always, thank you for reading!