November will be the 3rd month that I’ve been subbing to Birchbox, and I’m happy to report that opting for the curated box from Glamlifeguru’s Tati Westbrook this month was a great decision. As soon as I saw the spoilers, I knew this box was going to be worth it because of the high-end skincare products it contained, and also the fact that I was guaranteed to not receive another perfume sample 😉 Usually I don’t have much time to try and review the products before I make a post, but the box came almost a week ago so I’ve been able to use all of these by now. Read on for my thoughts!
- Avene Hydrance Optimale Hydrating Serum: I can’t rave enough about this product as it’s probably the best item I’ve tried from BB. I use this in the evening, and I’m amazed that it’s not greasy at all, but my skin looks glowy and radiant when I wake up. The sample was enough for about a week’s worth of usage and I’m really contemplating purchasing this once I’ve used up more of my other moisturizers. The smell is also light and quite pleasant, so no complaints there. The full-size of this retails for $36 and the sample is about 1/10th of the full-size.
- Jouer Lip Enhancer: I’m not a huge lip product junkie but I love anything that moisturizes. Jouer is a brand that I’ve wanted to try and have debated their quarterly subscription box a few times, but didn’t want to contribute to my already overflowing collection of unused products.This lip treatment claims to not only moisturize, but also provide a “boost” to your lips (although that’s hilariously not actually something I strive for). Fortunately for me, I didn’t notice a difference when I wore this, and it worked well simply for hydration purposes. The full-size for this is $16 and I received almost $8’s worth of product in the sample.
- Shiseido ULTIMUNE EYE Power Infusing Eye Concentrate: I’ve never understood the people who use an eye cream for a few days and claim they notice a difference…but I definitely have no complaints about this product and the size is extremely generous. I’m also totally a fan of the smell! The full-size for this is $65 and I believe the sample I received was almost 1/3 of the full-size.
- Livingproof PhD dry shampoo: I’ll admit seeing this product in the spoiler was what convinced me to go with the curated box this month. I read a lot of great things about this, and the size of the sample I received retails for $12, so I figured I couldn’t go wrong. Some people find the smell to be overpowering, but I actually really like it. My biggest complaint with this item, however, is the extremely noticeable residue and the lack of control on how much product is distributed. I have black hair so I’m pretty picky about dry shampoos, but this one definitely left a bright white residue, which was impossible to rub out of my scalp in some areas, and it also clung randomly to some of my hairs. Ironically, this was the only dud for me in the box so I’ll probably give this to someone else with lighter colored hair 🙂
- LOC One & Done Shadow Stick in Day Trip: Shadow sticks were something that I’m pretty sure I used in high school and have since stopped owning…however, I’ve gotta admit this might be an exception. It’s sooo nicely pigmented and long-wearing, and I think the shade is perfect for the holidays. This makes me want to check out some of the other items from Tati’s makeup line too.
Hands down, this was the best BB I’ve received to-date. I was extremely impressed with the curated items, even though part of what I love about sub boxes is never truly knowing what you’re going to get. In this case, all of these items were worth trying for me and all but the dry shampoo worked out very well. I can’t wait for December’s box!
Let me know if you opted for the curated box this month, or what products you liked if you went with the regular box 🙂 As always, thank you for reading!