During my last Sephora splurge (which you can read about here), I purchased this perfume sampler which contains more “boutique” brands and scents that you wouldn’t commonly find. I guess I mainly wanted a break from the Marc Jacobs, D&G, CK, and whatever other scents they tend to always give perfume samples for. In the last couple of years, my fragrance preference has changed drastically from previously liking only fruity fragrances, to now liking floral scents and being much more open to earthy scents as well.
This set is still available on Sephora’s website, and retails for $34, which is a little less than $7 per perfume. I find the containers to be very cute for displaying, but only the NEST one has a roller ball applicator. The rest of them are all, which can be a pain in the ass. I’ll definitely say that if they were all spray perfumes, I’d probably be more tempted to use them.
- Nest – Indigo: This is my absolutely FAVORITE out of all of these. It’s so different from the perfumes that I usually wear, such as Chloe, which is much more crisp. The fragrance is so inviting and I can totally smell the hints of bergamot and wild fig.
- Tocca – Cleopatra: My second favorite in this set…you get your crisp grapefruit, but also a sensual jasmine, and I love how the fragrance evolves the longer you wear it.
- Atelier Cologne – Orange Sanguine: I really like this scent and it’s exactly as the name sounds. Pure orange goodness. The only drawback to this is that the scent doesn’t last very long at all. Add that to the fact that the method of application can be a pain, I haven’t used this very much.
- TOKYO MILK Tainted Love: This would have been a scent that I absolutely hated a couple years ago. It’s has notes of dark vanilla, sandalwood, yet smells very sweet. It’s the perfect “going out” evening scent, and a little goes a long way with this one. I also like how the smell changes throughout the day as you have it on.
- Clean – Warm Cotton: If you like scented dryer sheets, this one’s definitely for you. This is probably the only one out of the collection that I’m not highly fond of, just because I don’t want to walk around smelling like I just did a boatload of laundry, haha. I haven’t tried combining it with any other scent though, and that might make it better. Just not for me right now!
So…for $34 is it worth it? I liked being able to sample these fragrances in these cute containers, but it probably wasn’t my best purchase. I would probably consider repurchasing this as a gift, but only for fragrance lovers who want to try something a little more “outside the box”. This might be a good item to pick up in November when Sephora has their annual store-wide sale for Beauty Insiders, though.
Have you guys worn any of these fragrances before? I’d love to hear your thoughts! Thanks so much for reading 🙂