Alright, first of all I apologize for the fact that this set is currently sold out on Sephora’s website. I debated getting this when it was still available online, but by the time I wanted to commit, it was already gone. It never occurred to me to visit a store, but by chance, I was with my friend at the mall yesterday and saw like 10 of these on the sales floor, so I grabbed one immediately. If this is something you’re interested in, it might be a good idea to visit or call the Sephoras near you to see if they have this in stock.
I’m a huge sucker for Sephora’s value sets because they’re obviously a great way to try new things. However, in the case of this particular one, I thought it would come in especially handy for my upcoming trip in which I’ll be out of the country for 2 weeks, because each item is allowed in your carry-on. The set is priced at $42, with $157 worth of products inside. Unlike most of of the value sets, this one does not come in a bulky box with the items stuffed into a plastic mold. All items are thrown into a reusable, travel bag, and when I unpacked it, there were no issues with the condition of the items.The set contains 12 products; 13 if you include the bag, and I’ll start by going left to right in giving a brief recap of what each item is. The items in bold are ones that I’ve used/am using. You probably also notice the two bracelets in the photo…I have trouble finding bracelets that fit because my wrists are so tiny, and was super excited to find these at J.Crew today so I wanted to include them in here 🙂
- Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter Sweet Citrus – 59 mL/2fl oz. I have a few samples of Argan Oil and I was constantly using it on my face and body in the winter. I’m really excited to try this because I have dry skin year-round. Also, if you don’t really use thick lotions, you can totally gift this to someone because it comes fully sealed inside so you know the product hasn’t been tampered with.
- Ole Henriksen Truth Serum – 15 mL/0.5fl oz. I’m currently using another Ole Henriksen product at night that also contains Vitamin C, called Pure Truth. I’m looking forward to trying this one, although I’m thinking both are supposed to do similar things, but Pure Truth is an oil versus Truth Serum is more of a gel.
- Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream – 15 mL/0.5fl oz. I have a few other Fresh samples to use, and I have high hopes for this product. I’m planning on using this in the morning under my primer.
- Living Proof Perfect hair Day Shampoo and Conditioner – 60 mL/2 fl oz each. I was really impressed with the size of these, and I find it really convenient to have nice shampoo on hand when traveling, since you never know what will be available.
- Kate Somerville ExfoliKate – 15 mL/0.5fl oz. I have another trial version of this in the same size and have used it once. I can’t believe this size retails for $22!! You leave it on your face for 2 minutes, and it’s supposed to reduce blackheads and acne, fade discoloration, and leave your skin smooth. Honestly, I wasn’t super impressed with this product the first time I used it as I didn’t see a difference at all, but I think you need to use it for weeks at a time. I might bring this product with me on my trip since I’m sure I’ll be able to use it all up.
- Algenist Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Melting Cleanser – 45 mL/1.5 fl oz. The full size of this is 5 fl oz and costs $38, which is highly ridiculous to me. I have a few cleansers that I stick to and don’t see this product blowing me away, but I look forward to seeing how well it washes off makeup.
- Vita Liberata Neroli and Argan Milk SPF 50 – 10 mL/0.34 fl oz. This is one of the smallest samples in the set, and I had never heard of this brand, but I’m glad to see a sunscreen in this set. Definitely will use this on my trip.
- Alterna Haircare Caviar CC Cream for Hair – 25 mL/0.85 fl oz. I have one of these right now that I received in a Glossybox last year and I use it every other time when I’m drying my hair. You only need a TINY amount, so this thing lasts a really long time. I have frizzy hair and I find that it helps tame it a bit, and is also good for controlling static in the dry Winter. I’m also a fan of the smell. So glad I have another one of these!
- First Aid Beauty – Face Cleanser – 28 g/1 fl oz . I use the FAB Facial Radiance Polish from time to time and love it, so I’m really excited to try this!
- Origins GinZing Eye Cream to Brighten and Debuff – 5 mL/0.15 fl oz – This is the only sample that seems really small to me, but I can understand since it’s an eye cream. I have this item right now but always forget to use it, because I can’t really tell a difference on days that I do.
As you can see, the majority of products in this set are new to me, and I’m really looking forward to using them. I will most likely combine the reviews of these new products in my future blog posts, so I hope you’ll stay tuned for those. How do you feel about this set of products and about Sephora’s value sets in general? What are your experiences with some of these products?